Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the weekend

We had a great weekend at the Wear household...not a ton of activity planned but we did enjoy the decent weather. I started off the weekend with a trip to Valley Fair...I had forgotten how much I enjoy roller coasters. I conquered 'Wild Thing' which I was afraid to do back in the 8th grade when we went for our end-of-the-year class trip. 
Graduation weekend around town...lots of parties but unfortunately, we didn't get around to a single one...so sorry to the grads who invited us :(
Kolson has figured out how to pull up on things...and by the end of the weekend he has grown quite proficient at it. The only problem now is figuring out how to get down and part of that is learning that he cannot just 'let go'!! So don't be surprised if you see a few new bruises on the boy :)
With the crazy windy weather today, I am a little sad to see my formerly fully blossomed flowering crab tree slowly losing its blooms. I did manage to take a picture this year which is the first since we have lived here...I would always wait 'one more day' and find that a freak thunderstorm or a brisk wind would wreck God's handiwork.
And as it always seems to be the case, I have a rather large pile of laundry to get crackin' at today so I will be sweating in the laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment